Tuesday, February 28, 2012

On our way to DISNEY


I know I have been a bad blogger, life has seen that I have many things to do and not enough time to accomplish it all.  This week we are getting ready for our trip to Disney.  The Diva is beyond excited and well I certainly will not complain about a week off work spent at “The most magical place on earth.”  This is our annual trip and it coincides with our 12th anniversary.  It is still hard to believe we have been married nearly 12 years. I still look the same… okay, okay I do look a little different.  We have our share of good and bad times but somehow we have managed to make it through to the other side. 

Now about this trip to Disney.  We have some things planned and some things to play by ear.  We are eating at the following: 50’s PrimeTime Café in Disney’s Hollywood Studios; Ohana’s at the Polynesian Resort; Tony’s Town Square in the Magic Kingdom and the Rose and Crown in Ecpot. Mostly all the Diva’s favorites. 
The Diva has favorites at all 4 parks and does not mind making you a plan of what you should do next.  Kevin and I joke we could rent her to Disney to make itineraries for first timers.  She knows each park like the back of her hand and rarely uses the maps for anything other than to see the times of shows or the parades.
Here are a few pictures from our past visits to Disney and yes, that six foot tall grown redneck man sports his matching mouse wear proudly. 
2010 at Epcot

Mouse wear

Miami Mouse... this was before
the Diva decided she is an Auburn Tigers fan.

Everyone in their matching mouse wear.
We enjoy our family time with the Mouse and think it's a great vacation for us.  We know it is not for everyone, but we do what makes this royal family happy. 

2 comments:

princessapr said...

My parents have gone every other year since before I was born. One year they went three times in two years. We've also done Disneyland before, but I think it pales in comparison to Disney World. My mom's whining that she's not going this year. However, I have one up on her. I went to Disneyland Paris.

We're already thinking of going next year, but we'll see. I am looking forward to going again because I missed out on tons of new stuff (since the last time I visited). Having a toddler limits what you can do so the world should open up a little next time.

Kelli Carter said...

April, we just love it! One day I know the Diva will be older and not want to go, but I am enjoying it while she will still be seen in public with me.