Thursday, January 10, 2008

Into the new year

As I go into the New Year, there are several things that I want to point out that happened in the 2007...

My Diva started kindergarten, what a shock for me. Damn that meant I had a kid that was going to elementary school. What the hell I am young, not old enough for that. Then there is the whole "oh my GOD, I am turning 30" revelation. Yeah less than impressed with that. Had a great 30th b-day party, though. GREAT, even for being 30. Have to do a shout out to Stacey and Robert... WOOT... thanks for the jello shooters and the lemon drop, made my 30th b-day MUCH more bearable! On to Kevin, thank God he puts up with me and my craziness. He needs way more than a shout out, so if you see him give him a high five! God knows he needs one, for living with and that Diva. No one ever wonders why he drinks after they meet the two of us... hmmm, I will have to give that some thought.

Ok on to some personal things for me and not my family...
I flew to Dallas to meet up with my girlfriends, got my luggage lost, Ate some fabulous McDonald's food at 2am. Met my fabulous and dear friend Farrah Rochon! Shout out to Farrah, (BUY HER NEW BOOK RELEASE ME in JUNE 2008 -- I know shameless plug for my friend- but hey its my blog!) I loved my trip to Dallas... Laying on the piano in the bar (hey I always wanted to- it was there I had drank one, two or ten martinis), Running a bunch of red lights, sorry about that girls, I really did not see them. Homeless people with luggage was new to me as well. Ending the trip with a visit to Texas Stadium(small pause her for reverence.....................). I have to say it was one fabulous trip!

Now as for the news:

Some people might point out that all the little "it" girls went crazy... Britney's shaved head (girl, no matter how much weight you lose and how cute your clothes are BALD is BAD!), Paris's (although as of yet I am still not sure what she has to contribute to humanity) stay in the slammer, Lindsey's drug charges (stick with red honey, you are not a blond) and the list goes on and on. Sadly...

Then there are other things like Colts win the Superbowl!! (Go COLTS!!!! Love me some Peyton Manning!) Then there is Barry Bonds; did he, didn't he use steroids. I have to say who cares (by the way I think baseball is nearly as boring as golf... sorry to offend all yall b-ball fans). Then there is Don Imus and the whole "nappy headed ho incident". Hmmm.... seeing as how I know some nappy headed ho's and have occasionally been nappy headed myself, (though not a ho to my knowledge, regardless of what Jan says!! OH and BTW I had no clue as to who he was... thats how important he was in my world...but I digress)I do not think that was nice of him. BUT it is a free country, so he is welcome to his opinion. But then I am also welcome to mine in thinking he is an IDIOT!

So 2007 was interesting... what does 2008 hold? I guess we will have to wait and see.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

1 comment:

princessapr said...

You know, I still try to explain the best meal ever, and people don't understand. I guess they had to be there. :)